ACCE FORTY Under 40 Award Recipient
Ashley Hilsman named Forty Under 40 by the Association of Chamber of Commerce Executives
Alexandria, VA. (December 8, 2023)
|For Immediate Release
December 8, 2023
– Ashley Hilsman has been named to the Association of Chamber of Commerce Executives (ACCE) 2023 Forty Under 40 list of emerging leaders shaping the chamber of commerce industry.
This annual recognition program showcases 40 of the industry’s top emerging leaders who have demonstrated success in their careers and made significant contributions to the communities they serve. The list includes CEOs and staff professionals from a wide variety of roles and chamber sizes. Honored for their creativity, dedication and commitment to identifying innovative solutions that will help shape the future of the chamber profession.
“I am inspired by these talented professionals who are making a difference in their organizations and the communities they serve," said ACCE President & CEO Sheree Anne Kelly. "Their passion and dedication not only foster positive change in their regions but also shape a promising future for those they impact.”
ACCE has over 1,600 chambers of commerce and related business and economic development organizations as members, representing more than 9,000 professionals in the industry.
Eligible chamber professionals must be nominated by their chamber’s president/CEO, direct supervisor or board chair. Candidates must demonstrate meaningful involvement in the advancement of their community and proven professional success within their chamber.
Ashley Hilsman currently serves as Executive Vice President of the New Orleans Chamber of Commerce, where she has demonstrated an exceptional ability to drive growth and development in her city. In her current role, Ashley provides leadership, guides staff on Chamber initiatives, advises on budgets and finance and identifies mission-focused special projects. Ashley's dedication to enhancing the Chamber's impact over her tenure is evident in her innovative programs to keep chamber members connected with each other and key stakeholders. Examples include the following:
- In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, she initiated Chamber Dine Around events, offering a safe and curated networking experience for members during a time of restricted in-person events, strengthening the Chamber's resilience and value.
- She organized the Chamber’s regional Women's Leadership Conference, which quickly became a premier gathering of female professionals in the region.
- She also facilitated the Chamber’s first Washington Mardi Gras Welcome Reception, bringing together government officials and Chamber stakeholders at this iconic annual gathering in Washington.
- Currently, Ashley is developing the New Orleans Chamber Day at the Capitol, creating yet another opportunity for members to engage with elected officials, this time on the statewide level.
Ashley's professional accomplishments are complemented by her vibrant embrace of New Orleans' culture and active participation in the community. Her passion for her work and love for the city are what made her an exceptional candidate for this recognition.
The full 2023 Forty Under 40 list was announced publicly in the Fall 2023 edition of Chamber Executive
, ACCE’s digital magazine. View all the honorees online at https://magazine.acce.org/.
# # #
About the Association of Chamber of Commerce Executives (ACCE)
ACCE is the professional society supporting the people who lead local, regional, statewide and international chambers of commerce and related business and economic development organizations. Our membership includes more than 1,600 business/civic organizations worldwide. We provide our members with information resources, thought leadership, education programs, original research, benchmarking, retirement security, and access to a network of peers. Learn more about us by visiting www.ACCE.org