Urban League of Greater New Orleans
- Community & Civic Organizations
Established in 2001 under the U.S. Small Business Administration's Office of Women's Business Ownership, the Urban League of Greater New Orleans' (ULGNO) Women's Business Resource Center (WBRC) provides diverse assistance and resources to facilitate growth in businesses owned by women throughout southeast Louisiana. The WBRC offers technical assistance, entrepreneurial training, and personalized business consulting and coaching to both male and female business owners. The Center is committed to facilitating economic inclusion, especially as it relates to underserved populations and communities.
Services provided complement the needs of entrepreneurs at every stage of business ownership, from start-up to expansion. The WBRC's staff has extensive experience and expertise to assist any small business in developing a comprehensive business plan, obtaining financing, training to set up accounting systems, planning marketing strategies, building credit, and more.
Formed in 2014, the Contractors Resource Center is the newest addition to the ULGNO WBRC. It includes a business training facility, computer lab, member-use computers equipped with estimating & project planning software, state-of-the-art printer/plotter, & many other diverse resources.
Whom to Contact
- Ms. Klassi DuncanWBRC DirectorPhone: 504.620.9647Fax: 504.620.9658
- Mr. Wayne Encalarde Jr.Business Advisor-Women's Business Resource CenterPhone: (504) 620-9647Fax: (504) 620-9654
- Ms. Erica Lynn FontenotProgram ManagerPhone: (504) 620-9647Fax: (504) 620-9654
- Mr. Frank JohnsonBusiness Advisor-Contractor SpecialistPhone: (504) 620-9647Fax: (504) 620-9654
- Ms. Judy Reese MorsePresident & CEOPhone: (504) 620-2332Fax: (504) 620-9654
- Ms. Jameeta YoungbloodPresident Urban League of GNO Young ProfessionalsPhone: (504) 620-9647Fax: (504) 620-9654