Southern Services & Equipment, Inc. Honored as 2022 Louisiana Growth Leader
(St. Bernard, La.)
– For outstanding contributions to the local community and state, Louisiana Economic Development (LED) honored Southern Services & Equipment, Inc. as a 2022 Louisiana Growth Leader at the fifth annual Spotlight Louisiana event on April 21st, 2022 held at the Hilton Baton Rouge Capitol Center. As an Honored Leader, Southern Services & Equipment, Inc. will join an accomplished group of Louisiana businesses under the LED Growth Network.
Through this esteemed network, Southern Services & Equipment, Inc. will continue to have access to strategic business resources that benefit both the organization and state of Louisiana. Among these are customized leadership retreats, strategic research, networking, peer learning, and mentorship opportunities as well as additional technical assistance with the goal of accelerating the growth of Louisiana’s economy.
Louisiana Growth Leaders are selected by a statewide panel of economic development professionals that evaluate applications on a wide variety of criteria including growth, strategy, innovation, philanthropy, leadership, and company culture. The following are Southern Services & Equipment, Inc.’s key aspects that influenced its selection:
- SSE was named to Inc. Magazine’s “Inc. 5000” list of America’s fastest growing companies two years in a row for 2018 and 2019.
- The CEO, Mindy Nunez Airhart, is currently the Chairwoman of the New Orleans Chamber of Commerce and a past Chairwoman of the St. Bernard Chamber of Commerce.
- Roughly 40% of SSE’s annual sales are derived from non-Louisiana markets.
- SSE is a Certified Building Fabricator through the American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC). The certification also includes an endorsement as a Certified Bridge Component Manufacturer.
- SSE is celebrating its 25th year in business in 2022.
“Each of our 2022 Louisiana Growth Leaders have succeeded in bringing great products and services to the marketplace,” Gov. John Bel Edwards said. “The companies being recognized have persevered through challenges, capitalized on opportunities, and represent some of the best of what Louisiana has to offer. I look forward to their continued success.”
“Tonight’s 2022 Growth Leader honorees are important companies in Louisiana, providing more than good jobs and a foundation of economic activity,” LED Secretary Don Pierson said. “They are community leaders and supporters, with vision and drive. I had the privilege of meeting many of this year’s recipients through LED Growth Network programs, hearing their stories of meeting challenges, and watching them succeed in scaling their companies. LED is honored to play a role in supporting their growth objectives and celebrating their hard-earned success.”
President and CEO Mindy Nunez Airhart said, “Southern Services & Equipment, Inc. is honored to be chosen as a 2022 Louisiana Growth Leader by LED. This achievement is a testament to the hard work and dedication put forth by our outstanding group of employees, who work tirelessly to build successful projects in and around the great state of Louisiana and the nation. As we enter our 25th year of operation, we are looking forward to being a regional leader in steel fabrication, while maintaining a workplace where employees look forward to coming to work each day. Thank you, LED, for this commendation; we are pleased to be among such a deserving and impressive group of companies.”
More information about Southern Services & Equipment, Inc. can be found in the online publication – Louisiana's Entrepreneurial Engine (2022)
About the LED Growth Network: Launched in 2017, the LED Growth Network provides continued access to strategic business resources and growth opportunities. The Network is constantly growing both in terms of new companies and additional resources designed to accelerate growth. As of January 2022, the Network consists of about 550 companies that represent more than 20,000 full time equivalent employees and generate nearly $4 billion in annual sales. For more information, contact Christopher Cassagne at 225-342-5882 or email Christopher.Cassagne@la.gov.
Mindy Nunez Airhart, President/CEO