Tulane Health System offering Health Insurance Assistance HotlineJune 18, 2020
Taking care of the community’s health needs extends beyond just treating physical illness. It also involves caring for patients’ peace of mind and working to ensure patients have access to the care and resources they need.
That is why Tulane Health System is offering a free health insurance hotline to provide assistance to anyone who has experienced a change in health insurance status due to loss of employment or other effects of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Anyone who needs assistance finding health insurance coverage can call (833) 867-8771 from 8 a.m.-6 p.m., Monday through Friday.
“Over the last few months, we know many of our friends and neighbors have lost their health insurance. This can cause a lot of stress,” said Dr. Robert Lynch, Tulane Health System CEO. “Just as we set up a COVID-19 health hotline at the start of the crisis, we want to make sure we’re there to help our community as we move forward and begin the recovery process.”
Hotline advisors can discuss eligibility and advocacy services appropriate for a variety of scenarios, such as:
- Continuing your employer's existing plan if you have recently lost your job (COBRA and other options)
- Applying for coverage via a spouse's benefit program
- Finding resources that may help offset the costs of health insurance
- Applying for Medicaid and other government healthcare options for those that meet certain criteria
- Exploring state and federal health insurance exchanges (such as the Affordable Care Act), and how to enroll due to a changing life event
The hotline, which is managed by Tulane Health System parent HCA Healthcare, does not represent any other company or sell insurance plans, and there is no cost for the service.
“Our goal is simply to help patients get the information they need so they can confidently manage their healthcare and that of their families,” Dr. Lynch said.More information about the hotline and other things Tulane Health System is doing to respond to the COVID-19 health crisis can be found at Tulane Healthcare's Coronavirus Resource Hub.Contact:Nicholas Adams, Associate VP of Marketing and Public Relations(316) 200-0983