The National World War II Museum, Inc
- Event Space/Event Venue
Founded in 2000 as The National D-Day Museum, The National WWII Museum is an unforgettable way to experience World War II—from industrial efforts on the Home Front to the combat experience of the American servicemember abroad. The museum offers a compelling blend of sweeping narrative
and personal details, featuring immersive exhibits, multimedia experiences, and expansive artifacts and first-person oral histories that take visitors inside the story of the war—why it was fought, how it was won, and what it means today. Beyond its exhibits and galleries, the Museum offers unique access to experiential history, including the opportunity to tour and ride on an authentically restored WWII patrol-torpedo boat, take an intimate look behind the scenes to handle artifacts alongside Museum curators, and discover firsthand an impressive collection of restored macro-artifacts. Additionally, online collections, distance-learning programs, travel programs, and the renowned International Conference on World War II offer patrons and students of all ages new ways to connect to history and honor the generation that sacrificed so much to secure our freedom.
Designated by Congress in 2004 as the official WWII museum of the United States, the museum is located in downtown New Orleans on a six-acre campus, where five soaring pavilions house historical exhibits, retail outlets, restaurants, a performance theater modeled on entertainment venues for
WWII servicemembers, the 4D experience Beyond All Boundaries (narrated by Tom Hanks), & the interactive Final Mission: USS Tang Submarine Experience.
Whom to Contact
- Ms. Emily BrauningerVisitor Services-Sales AgentPhone: (504) 528-1944Fax: (504) 527-6088
- Mr. Jeremy CollinsDirector of Conferences & SymposiaPhone: 504-527-6012 x 331Fax: (504) 527-6088
- Shelly DupuySales ManagerPhone: (504) 528-1944Fax: (504) 527-6088
- Mr. Bob FarnsworthSenior VP of Capital ProgramsPhone: (504) 527-6012Fax: (504) 527-6088
- Ms. Natalie HoskinsMembership Benefits CoordinatorPhone: (504) 527-6088
- Erin HymelExecutive Assistant to the President & CEO EmeritusPhone: (504) 527-6012Fax: (504) 527-6088
- Ms. Ruth KatzDirector of Group SalesPhone: 504-528-1944 Ext 291Fax: (504) 527-6088
- Ms. Lynn MetzgerExecutive AssistantPhone: (504) 528-1944Fax: (504) 527-6088
- Dr. Gordon ''Nick'' MuellerPresident and CEOPhone: (504) 527-6012Fax: (504) 527-6088
- Ms. Lisa OchomogoSales ManagerPhone: (504) 528-1944 x459Fax: (504) 527-6088
- Mr. Alan RaphaelMarketing Outreach ManagerPhone: 504-527-6012 x 359Fax: (504) 527-6088
- Jennifer SacksDirector of MarketingPhone: (504) 527-6012Fax: (504) 527-6088
- Mr. Eric StrachanManager of Corporate GivingPhone: (504) 528-1944 ext. 321Fax: (504) 319-2417
- Ms. Tamrah SwartzfagerEducational Travel Projects ManagerPhone: (504) 527-6088
- Mr. Stephen WatsonPresident and CEOPhone: (504) 528-1944Fax: (504) 527-6088
- Mr. James WilliamsAssociate Vice President of Group and Event SalesPhone: 504-527-6012 x 323Fax: (504) 527-6088
Exit St. Charles Avenue and turn left on St. Charles. Take right on Andrew Higgins Drive and go 1 1/2 blocks to Museum. Parking by fee in Museum parking garage (1024 Magazine St.).