The HI New Orleans Travel Scholarship Committee will promote the $2,000 scholarship for international travel with the support of HI USA staff and resources, and award scholarships to local recipients in the spring.
- Regularly attend monthly meetings
- Assist in travel scholarship promotion efforts
- Assist in marketing the travel scholarship program in local community
- Participate in the selection of local travel scholarship recipients
- Work with HI USA staff member(s) in implementing the program
- All members have one vote in selecting awardees for scholarships, voting in new committee members, etc.
Desired skills, qualifications:
- Connections and familiarity with local community, including local universities, colleges and organizations that serve the 18-30 age range and/or communities that have less access to travel
- Leadership experience
- Marketing and social media experience
- Program development experience
- One year minimum
- Approximately 3-5 hours per month
- Once a month in person, calls and emails as needed
All applicants will be asked to complete the Become a Volunteer Form and HI USA Online Orientation which can be found here:
You can access the HI USA Online Orientation when you are logged into your account.