In partnership with the City of Mandeville, Gambel Communications, one of the region’s premier public relations and marketing firms, will host Spring Training, a five-part workshop series that will provide local businesses and nonprofits with valuable public relations and marketing strategies.
The workshops will take place every Wednesday from March 8 - March 29, 2017 at the Mandeville Community Center, 3090 E. Causeway Approach. The series is open to representatives from any business, large or small, as well as nonprofit organizations. Spring Training Workshops will include:
• Strategic Partnerships & Great Connections Wednesday, Mar. 8 from 1:30 PM – 3:30 PM. Paying it forward can pay off big for many corporations and small businesses. Learn what makes powerful partnerships work – both for business and for nonprofits. The session will offer tips and examples on how to approach corporate giving and leverage it for gain both with community relations and media relations. Gambel Communications is passionate about putting people and ideas together and will offer concrete steps to take when building powerful partnerships that are mutually beneficial and sustainable.
• Social Media Strategy Wednesday, Mar. 15 from 1:30 PM – 3:30 PM. In an ever-evolving world of instant digital communication, how can your business stay relevant – and on which platforms should you focus your efforts? Learn just what a social media content strategy is and how to properly cultivate it based on your brand and your audience – and discover how to use analytics provided by Facebook to inform its creation. Walk away from this session with a deep understanding of using your audience’s personalities and desires to effectively communicate with them, no matter which social medium(s) your company is using.
• Media Relations & Media Training Mix Wednesday, Mar. 22 from 1:30 PM – 3:30 PM. Polish your interview skills and get first-hand information on how to secure media interviews and prepare for them. This session will cover how media relations has changed in the digital age and what you need to know to capture media’s attention. Topics include: how to stay on message, voice quality, body language, appearance and other tips to reduce stress and increase success during an interview. NOTE: Crisis Training immediately follows this session.
• Crisis Training Wednesday, Mar. 22 from 3:30 PM – 5:00 PM. Any organization can be faced with a crisis situation that has the potential to harm business. Learning how to prepare for and handle these types of situations can help keep an issue from becoming a truly damaging ordeal. Learn tips and tricks to navigate the situation and maintain composure when dealing with an existing or anticipated crisis. This session will include steps on crisis communication, and ways to implement crisis preparedness and response. NOTE: This session immediately follows Media Relations.
• Digital Marketing Wednesday, Mar. 29 from 1:30 PM – 3:30 PM. SEO, Email marketing, Banner ads, Social media. The world of digital marketing efforts can be overwhelming, and learning how they work in unison takes time. The good news is that these tools allow us to analyze and understand our marketing campaigns – what’s working and what isn’t – in real time. This session on digital marketing will guide your company’s strategy in effectively utilizing online resources to drive consistent, coordinated messaging. In a time where consumers seek brands that they trust, you’ll learn how to use ROI tools that extract value and drive results.
Click here for more information about these sessions or to sign up. Each session costs $50/person, with the exception of Crisis Training which costs $35/person. The discounted cost to attend all five sessions is $200. Light refreshments will be provided for all attendees.